Monday, June 15, 2009

Insect Insight


This renovation has brought even greater appreciation for the natural world since we have only had windows/doors for a short time and we don't bother with screens yet. We never know what might flutter or float into our space so the surprises are many. Most of them have been interesting; a few dangerous but the dragonfly was my favorite.
One day, Sensei noticed this large creature poised on the french door, inside the house. It rested there as if it were home and I took pictures quickly, assuming that it would run for safety outside. It did not. Then I started to worry that it was going to get sick inside but I couldn't get it to budge. Finally, Sensei took his hand and brushed this gentle giant out into the sun once again. I was tickled by the experience and the size!! I'll include pictures soon.

No comments: